As a Product Manager (Airline) in the Product Team, you will be using your knowledge and experience to relentlessly explore opportunities to generate value for your customers and for TPConnects. You have previously worked in the airline or travel domain and have an excellent understanding of the airline business domain covering distribution, pricing, sales and servicing. Alongside, you understand the associated (airline) technology ecosystem, which will enable you to have good conversations with your Engineering and Architecture counterparts.
In order to be successful in your role, you have strong communication and collaboration skills that will allow you to clearly articulate the needs of your customer.
- Perform analysis and research on viability of new product features to benefit our Common Airline Platform Manage the refinement of new product features (or enhancements to existing product features) ensuring contributions and inputs from all stakeholders covering customers and technical resources (including architecture and engineering).
- Clearly articulate the scope and acceptance criteria of new product features, together with the key outcomes that are expected to be achieved and how these will be measured.
- Manage a prioritized backlog of product features and ensure they are in a Definition of Ready state, so that it can be taken up in the development lifecycle process. Prioritization techniques
should aim to deliver value at the earliest opportunity whilst considering overarching capacity guardrails.
- Understand the product features and how these can be transitioned into Minimum Marketable Features (MMF) and/or Minimum Viable Products (MVP)
- Act as a gatekeeper for other Product Members to ensure that changes implemented on the Common Airline Platform can benefit all Airline Customers
- Applying strategic thinking to contribute to the vision and roadmap of the products in your remit and communicate them effectively and compellingly to internal stakeholders, partners, and
- Ensure that the finalized and developed product features meet the acceptance criteria that were originally defined.
- Validate and measure the success of the product feature and draw conclusions from these measurements to identify further opportunities.
- Upskill peers and colleagues by sharing your experience and domain knowledge
Skills and competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Airline and/or travel domain with detailed knowledge of airline distribution including NDC, Pricing, Sales Offer Creation, Ancillaries and Airline Retailing
- Understanding of the industry landscape including existing vendor competitive landscape and the state of the industry related to the evolution of airline distribution including the transition to 100% offers and orders
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in product-lead role with a focus on outcomes and driving value
- Worked in Agile environments with associated tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Analytical skills with excellent attention to quality and detail.
- Strong Verbal Communication Skills combined with Excellent writing and presentation skills to formulate Product Features/Requirements that are clear and understandable by both customer and technical engineering teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate and collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Self-organizing with ability to handle multiple streams of work.