Technical Content Writer (with Travel Technology background – Preferably with Amadeus Altea/GDS and/or Sabre / SabreSonic web service experience)
TPConnects – IATA NDC DUAL Level 4 Certified IT Vendor & Travel Aggregator with ONE ORDER Capable Offer and Order Management Platform is currently searching for a Technical Content Writer with Travel Technology background and advanced working knowledge of Amadeus and Sabre web services for Travel Agents
Product Portfolio Includes
1- An IATA NDC and ONE Order Certified Middleware (Offer and Order Management Platform) for airlines with all User Interface ‘dot-com’ websites with booking engine, mobile apps, airline agent platform, corporate booking tool, API Out for Meta Search Engines and OTA’s etc.) integrated with Passenger Service System (PSS), IATA Financial Gateway (IFG), Payment Gateways and Non-Air products like Hotels, Cars, Transfers, Insurance etc.
2- An IATA NDC Certified Middleware (Offer and Order Management Platform) for Travel Agents / TMC’s with all User Interfaces ‘dot-com’ website with booking engine, mobile apps, agent B2B/B2C platform, corporate booking tool, API Out for Meta Search Engines etc.) integrated with GDS, NDC Airlines, LCC’s, IATA Financial Gateway (IFG), Payment Gateways and Non-Air products like Hotels, Cars, Transfers, Insurance etc.
We are looking for someone who can join immediately, has complete knowledge of GDS /Travel Suppliers web services, and has the passion to shape the future of travel distribution.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver world class API technical documentation.
- Define our technical tone of voice.
- Develop and maintain our house style and standards, providing technical advice and guidance in its implementation.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and consistency of technical documentation (APIs, guides, how to articles). Write, review and feedback on AP documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Supplement documentation with ‘How to integrate guides’, API FAQs, tutorials, onboarding checklists etc. to provide a great developer experience and take responsibility for the continuous improvement and renewal of all technical content assets.
- Enhance developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce grounds-up efforts of external developers ie. Creation of engaging samples and stories based on API capability.
- Promoting upcoming content to both TP Connects employees via internal channels, and external via external social media.
- Gather information from disparate sources, including your own testing of product features.
- Plan, write, and update documentation about those features.
- Articulate complex concepts in clear language.
- Use a docs-as-code approach for document version control, authoring, review, and collaboration.
- Edit existing materials for clarity and consistency.
- Work on interesting problems with smart, passionate, dedicated people.
Apply for This Role If You
- Are a strong communicator in both written and verbal form.
- Have experience writing about network technology.
- Have experience creating API documentation for a developer audience.
- Learn new concepts quickly and can pass that learning along to others in words and images.
- Notice the finer details of things and take initiative to fix them if they’re not right.
- Use git/GitHub.
- Experience or certification in Professional Writing, Technical Writing, Business Writing, or another writing discipline.
- Technical writing experience, preferably in airline distribution.
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders across product management and client success.
Other Relevant Experience
- Website infrastructure such as static site generators, content management systems, themes, and plugins
- Knowledge and understanding of air distribution is not a must but beneficial.
- Agile software development and release processes