Air Content and Distribution is going through disruption with the emergence of new distribution technologies and fragmentation of content availability. IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) has the potential to transform airline distribution and is at the forefront of this disruption.
As the Airline Industry moves away from traditional EDIFACT to a world of 100% Offers & Orders, travel sellers need to be able to get access to all relevant content in one solution, enabling them to integrate this into their own solution, or use a provided user interface. Whilst NDC is evolving, many airlines are still developing their solutions and content also comes from GDS and Low Cost carriers, aggregating this content in a standard, normalized manner is essential for sellers.
As a Technical Business Analyst, your role will be to lead or assist with the design of technical processes and APIs, including mapping between multiple complex supplier-provided, customer-facing, and internal workflows and data models. A core aspect of the role is to understand the multiple different types of consumer, and different capabilities of suppliers, and bridge the gaps between them all in a way that is coherent enough that unimportant differences are hidden but important differences are handled.
You will work closely with Product Owners and Business Analyst(s) on requirements, and Technical Leads and Architects on implementation plans.
What you will Do:
- Analyse supplier API workflows and data models
- Help design our internal and customer-facing API workflows and data models
- Design technical processes for developers to implement
- Work with Solution Architects and Technical Leads to plan technical process and implementation changes
- Ensure that designs and decisions are documented internally, and work with Technical Writers on customer-facing documentation
- Work with supplier and customer technical documentation and contacts to understand API interactions
- Understand complexities of the travel industry that affect our processes and designs
- Ensure that supplier and customer workflows and data are normalised to a reasonable level of standardisation
- Share your knowledge through mentoring & contribute to continuous improvement of our methodology, knowledge base, and tools.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience with analysing and mapping complex APIs and data models
- Desirable, but not essential, to have knowledge of the travel industry, especially air
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to explain business processes and technical details to both highly technical and non-technical people.
- Proactive, with an ability to take on work with limited direction, seeking answers or assistance when needed
- Solution-oriented and having strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to balance technical requirements with product goals and timelines.