As a Senior Java Software Engineer for our SaaS Cloud-based backend, you will be focusing on developing new functionalities as well as taking a specific look at scalability, performance and system throughput. The successful candidate will be joining our international team, mainly based in Dubai and has significant experience in B2B Java-based systems with high throughput and highly scalable.
TPConnects is an IATA-certified, global, travel content aggregation and distribution, SaaS and cloud technology company. We help airlines and travel agencies distribute retail travel products through our solutions built on IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) Standard. We are a part of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG). Our goal is to provide solutions that unlock retailing possibilities for the industry without the constraints of legacy systems. We have a vibrant, multi-cultural team and we celebrate and recognize our talents. We are a rapidly growing 130+ strong employees’ company, headquartered in Dubai, UAE, with teams in the UK and India. Join us to be at the forefront of airline distribution transformation. Read more about us at www.tpconnects.com
What you will do
- Participate in regular meetings with the development team to discuss ideas and challenges.
- Embrace an open-minded, team-player approach, being receptive to feedback and offering suggestions.
- Utilize your strong analytical skills to solve problems and develop recommendations.
- Manage multiple efforts simultaneously, effectively balancing priorities.
- Collaborate with the internal team to ensure successful project delivery, reporting to team leads and Project Managers.
- Troubleshoot interface software and debug application code.
- Document application changes and develop updates.
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while adhering to industry best practices.
What you must have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complexity using diagrams and models.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with both internal/external stakeholders and within the team.
- Experience in Java (5+ years), SpringBoot, JPA (JPA2, Hibernate), JUnit, JSON, API development and integration.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Experience with microservices and cloud technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL), and NoSQL (DynamoDB) datastores.
- Ability to work dynamically and reuse Components and Services.
What would be good to have
- AWS developer certification.
- Knowledge of clean code strategy.
- Strong troubleshooting mindset, with proven experience solving critical software issues.
What working here is really like
At TPConnects, we are passionate about working together to achieve our goals. We believe that our people deserve balance, empathy, and trust at work, backed by transparency and commitment. We actively encourage collaboration and foster a culture of respect. We love to have fun and encourage community activities. You will get to work with a great bunch of people who live and breathe airline technology. You will also have access to great training programs that help you grow. If this sounds like an environment that is fit for you, we would love to hear from you.