TPConnects – a global, travel content aggregation and distribution innovative technology company – is currently seeking API Technical Writer.
What the candidate will do
- Deliver world class API technical documentation.
- Define our technical tone of voice.
- Develop and maintain our house style and standards, providing technical advice and guidance in its implementation.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and consistency of technical documentation (APIs, guides, how to articles). Write, review and feedback on AP documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Supplement documentation with ‘How to integrate guides’, API FAQs, tutorials, onboarding checklists etc. to provide a great developer experience and take responsibility for the continuous improvement and renewal of all technical content assets.
- Enhance developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce grounds-up efforts of external developers i.e., Creation of engaging samples and stories based on API capability.
- Promoting upcoming content to both TP Connects employees via internal channels, and external via external social media.
- Gather information from disparate sources, including your own testing of product features.
- Plan, write, and update documentation about those features.
- Articulate complex concepts in clear language.
- Use a docs-as-code approach for document version control, authoring, review, and collaboration.
- Edit existing materials for clarity and consistency.
- Work on interesting problems with smart, passionate, dedicated people.
What the candidate must have
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Preferably native English speaking with experience in creating API documentation for a developer / technology audience.
- Experience in writing about network technology.
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly and can pass that learning along to others in words and images.
- The proficiency to notice finer details of things and take initiative to fix them if they’re not right.
- Knowledge of git/GitHub.
- Experience or certification in Professional Writing, Technical Writing, Business Writing, or another writing discipline.
- Technical writing experience, preferably in airline distribution.
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders across product management and client success.
What would be good to have
- Travel Technology background – preferably with NDC, Amadeus Altea/GDS and/or Sabre / Sabre Sonic web service experience
- Knowledge on website infrastructure such as static site generators, content management systems.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Knowledge and understanding of air distribution.
- Agile software development and release processes.
- Knowledge of NDC Technology